- This event has passed.
Careering and Volunteering at Sackville High
May 14 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Calling all Employers, Industry Partners, and Career Mentors in HRM!
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, supported by Labour and Advanced Education is hosting a pilot program at Sackville High, called “Careering and Volunteering”.
Goals in mind for this event:
- To increase student’s knowledge of job/career options in their own communities
- To give students an opportunity to network with employers who hire high school students, industry partners, and organizations who recruit student volunteers
- To provide meaningful opportunities for students to better prepare for the labour force
How Can You Help?
Seeking participation from business and industry partners in any of the following ways:
- Booths to provide information and/or demonstrations of your services, or examples of what you do that would best represent your business or industry
- Employers who are willing to hire part time or summer students in high school
- Organizations who need volunteers
Details of the event:
Tuesday, May 14th, 2019
Sackville High School
9am- 12 noon
If interested to learn more about this event or to register as a participant, please contact:
Student -Focused Career Practitioner
NS Works / Opportunity Place