Find Your Pathways to Success
Accepting Applications Now
Moving our Industry Forward
What Pathways is
The Automotive Sector Council’s Pathways to Success is an entry level training program for jobseekers, career changers, under-represented persons and those who wish to enter and progress in the automotive industry. In partnership with representatives from automotive industry leaders, employers, NS Apprenticeship, NSCC and equity-seeking groups, core competencies have been identified that will qualify jobseekers for Certification as a Tire and Maintenance Technician (TMT). Training will occur in 2 Blocks and include on line learning and shop training.
Block 1 training begins on September 20th and candidates will be ready for employment the week of October 12th for fall tire season.
Block 1 Training includes:
- Orientation to Industry
- Developing Employability Skills
- Safe Work Practices
- Tools and Equipment Usage
- Service Tires and Wheel Assembly.
Block 2 Training will begin January 10th, 2022. Candidates will complete the program in February, 2022 and be ready for Spring tire season and full-time employment as a qualified Tire and Maintenance Technician.
Block 2 Training will include:
- Service Lubrication and Fluid Systems
- Inspect Other Systems
- Apply Corrosion Protection.
In the Spring of 2022, individuals who successfully complete Block 1 and Block 2 training online and in-person and meet the competencies for Tire and Maintenance Technician will have the opportunity to be certified as Tire and Maintenance Technicians.
The program was designed to increase recruitment and retention in the Motive Power Industry while reducing barriers to entry. The pilot program has a goal to assess 5-10 candidates by December, 2022.
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Have the energy and desire to succeed
- Has a good work ethic and a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and give 100% to online component and shop training
- Have a positive attitude
- Willingness to work in an environment which includes lifting 50+ lbs
- Be adaptable
- Possess good oral and communication skills
- Be a strong team player with high energy
- Be willing to sign a Confidentiality and Commitment Form