Be a Part of the Pathways to Success Steering Committee
Launching August 2021
Moving our Industry Forward
What Pathways is
The Automotive Sector Council’s Pathways to Success is a preparation training program, in partnership with equity-seeking groups, for diverse jobseekers to enter the Motive Power Industry workplace.
Jobseekers with interest in the Industry, with or without formal training, can be assessed and certified within a few months for this entry-level position.
If individuals complete the assessment and recommended training online and in-person, they may be certified as Tire and Maintenance Technicians.
The program was designed to increase recruitment and retention in the Motive Power Industry while reducing barriers to entry.
The pilot program has a goal to assess 8-10 candidates by April 1st, 2022.
Benefits of becoming apart of the Steering Committee:
- Help create competitive candidates for the workplace
- Be apart of moving our industry forward
- Help to create a more inclusive industry in Nova Scotia
- Removing barriers to entry for new candidates
- Help peak youth interest in working in the Automotive Industry