Studying at Nova Scotia Community College
You have a variety of different options for studying at NSCC including online courses, in the classroom during the day or at night, seminar and weekend sessions. While the College is working to expand the delivery options available to our learners, not every program can currently be taken on a part-time basis.
- Online Learning
- NSCC Online Learning is a dynamic learning environment where students access learning opportunities via the Internet. This forms the core of a flexible model that uses a blend of instructional methods to best meet your learning needs.
- You can find NSCC Online Learning at www.onlinelearning.nscc.ca
Continuing Education Courses
Through continuing education courses, we provide a variety of opportunities for lifelong learning, skills and technology upgrading, and recreational and cultural programming.
Continuing education courses are scheduled over three semesters:
- Fall Semester – September to December
- Winter Semester – January to April
- Spring/Summer Semester – April to July
Automotive Service Technician
Those courses include:
- Digital Storage Oscilloscope
- On Board Diagnostics
- Problem Solving Skills
- Diagnostics Evaporative Systems
- Problem Solving Skills
- Scan Tool Data
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Everything you need to know but were afraid to ask
- Service & Safety for Service Technicians
The current schedule is posted on our ‘event calendar’ on the left side menu
CARS OnDemand Computer-based Training
CARS OnDemand provides internet-based training, including Technical and Business oriented programs, to the automotive aftermarket.
Training lessons are presented as two hour video-based instruction. All lessons include supplementary training materials, including Student Learning Guides and Exams that augment the learning experience.
Students can choose to participate in hundreds of training programs, at a schedule that best suits their needs. Programs are OnDemand; they can be taken at any time at the shop, at home, wherever the student wishes to learn.
Check them out at CarsOnDemand.com
I-CAR Training for the Collision Repair Industry
I-CAR Training is the most comprehensive industry training for the automotive Collision Repair industry. Utilizing class room, on-line and now interactive distance learning, experienced technicians stay apprised of the latest in technology and business management skills.
Learn more about I-CAR training at www.i-car.ca