The Automotive Sector Council TestDrive program offers grade 10 and 11 high school students the opportunity to experience motive power trades in Nova Scotia.
Students can earn three co-op credits, 300 Apprenticeship hours towards Trade Certification, training experience at Nova Scotia Community College, and a paid summer work placement with an employer. The experience creates career awareness for students and starts them on a path to an apprenticeship. Employers in the Motive Power Industry are financially incentivized to employ students for the summer.
TestDrive is currently offered in:
- Annapolis Valley Regional Centre of Education
- Chignecto- Central Regional Centre of Education
- Halifax Regional Centre of Education
- South Shore Regional Centre of Education
- Tri-County Regional Centre of Education
- and Conseil Scolaire Acadien Provincial schools that are located in these regions
Student applications are accepted in the winter. For more details, please visit AutomotiveSectorCouncil.ca/TestDrive.
[click to view landing page]