How does TestDrive benefit employers?
Investing in TestDrive as an employer offers numerous benefits:
- Access to a pool of young and local employees
- Train student to shop standards
- Introduce a student to a positive culture of training in your workplace, increasing loyalty
- Greatly increase your opportunities to retain valuable employees.
What is my responsibility as employer?
As a TestDrive host employer you commit to:
- Providing a minimum of 200 paid summer work hours to a student.
- Ensuring a safe work environment in accordance with the OH&S Act.
- Designating an employee to act as a mentor to the student (to guide and direct their work).
- Providing supervised skills training and feedback to the student and their supervising teacher.
What does it mean to be a Mentor?
Mentorship is the process where an experienced worker (mentor) works with and educates a less experienced worker (student) to help foster skill development and professional growth. The mentor shares his/her skills, knowledge, techniques, best practices and experience to provide a comprehensive hands-on training experience for the student.
Deciding to become a mentor is an important step to invest in your future. Sharing your knowledge and skills will have a huge impact on industry workforce planning and longevity.
It will also:
- Renew your Workforce
- Build a strong Economy
- Be a Good Corporate Citizen
Want more information on how can become involved with TestDrive? Send us a message now and connect with our Program Manager!
As a Mentor you will:
Ready to connect with TestDrive? Email our Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (902) 464-0168.