The goal of Test Drive is to give students exposure to different automotive trades which will assist students in career decisions.
- Automotive Service Technician (AST)
- AST (Service Station Mechanic)
- Auto Body and Collision Technician
- Automotive Refinishing Technician
- Parts Person
- Automotive Glass Technician
- Truck and Transport Mechanic
The Automotive Sector Council is working together with the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency, NSCC, Automotive Industry Employers, Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, and Various School Boards to offer students a unique learning experience.
Because of the partnerships we’ve made and the co-operative nature of this program, we are able to offer your child industry specific safety training, customized mentorship, which will result in transferrable hours towards an automotive apprenticeship.
Students are eligible to apply if they:
- Are in Grade 10 or 11
- Will be 16 years of age, as of May 1, 2021
- Have an interest in exploring a career in the Motive Power trades