The goal of Test Drive is to give students exposure to different automotive trades which will assist students in career decisions.
- Automotive Service Technician (AST)
- AST (Service Station Mechanic)
- Auto Body and Collision Technician
- Automotive Refinishing Technician
- Parts Person
- Automotive Glass Technician
- Truck and Transport Mechanic
- Agricultural Technician
- Heavy Duty Technician
The Automotive Sector Council is working together with NSCC, Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency, and Various School Boards to offer students a unique learning experience. Because of the partnerships we’ve made and the co-operative nature of this program, we are able to offer your students industry specific safety training, customized mentorship, which will result in transferrable hours towards an automotive apprenticeship.
Students are eligible to apply if they:
- Are in Grade 10 or 11
- Will be 16 years of age, as of May 1, 2021
- Have an interest in exploring a career in the Motive Power trades
How you can get your students involved in TestDrive:
- Tell your students about the program
- Contact Project Manager for presentation
- Share presentation with interested students
- Distribute applications
- Collect completed applications with references and send them to the Project Manager
Please contact your Youth Pathway Consultant to get your students involved in this program.
Follow the guidelines for cooperative education as outlined in the Co-operative Education Guide (2014)